Diamond Willow Ministries formed in 2002 for the purpose of building and strengthening the people of our community, the Crow Creek Sioux Reservation. This is being accomplished by bringing people into a relationship with Creator God through Jesus Christ. Diamond Willow Ministries (DWM) meets people's spiritual and emotional needs through personal mentoring relationships and the teaching of Biblical truths and principles. Meeting the many critical physical needs we see here is a primary outlet for showing Christian love and compassion.
DWM is a 501(c)(3) non-profit agency comprised of community members brought together by a common vision. We are comprised of Dakota, Lakota, and non-Indians working and living here on the Crow Creek Reservation. We however are only one part of the DWM team. The great things happening here are the result of God working through all those who see the need, share the vision, and are contributing financially and through prayer.
We seek to empower youth and adults.
Our passion is to shine the hope and life of Jesus Christ through our lives and teachings. We teach and serve through classes, worship services, after-school programs, events, and fellowship times.
We also strive to develop healthy Christian families and leaders.
We desire to truly equip our community to know Jesus Christ so they can serve him whole-heartedly.
Click here to see our DWM History page for our Statement Of Beliefs.
The following are some of the ways Diamond Willow Ministries is able to serve the community:
- Tokata Youth Center, operates after school and during summers to empower youth in the community to be our future leaders while providing a safe place to be and a daily meal.
- Cantemawaste Youth Camps, Summer Camps for Christian fun and learning.
- Wednesday night family supper, fellowship and Bible study.
- Discipleship, individual Bible studies, individual counseling, and support through personal relationships.
- The Ikce Oyate Christian Center provides a place for worship, youth events, Bible studies, and a base for visiting workgroups. “Ikce Oyate” is a Dakota language phrase that means, “Common People”.
- Providing assistance to individuals for needed food, emergency travel expenses, and critical home repairs
Click on the pictures below to find out more about Diamond Willow Ministries.
Diamond Willow Ministries is a 501c3 non-profit Christian organization (all contributions to this ministry are tax deductible) comprised of members brought together by a common vision. God has worked in wonderful ways to bring together our varied group of individuals, who are compelled to love and serve here with our unique talents. We are comprised of Dakota, Lakota, and non-Indians, most of whom work and live here on the Crow Creek Reservation. We however, are only one part of the DWM team. The great things happening here are also the result of those from around the world who see the need, share the vision, and contribute through giving financially and through prayer. Thank you for your interest and support!